Cast Coins Template for Korean Coins
Today's post is THE FIRST in the series of cast copper cash from the Korean Joseon Dynasty. Here, I present a series of different Sang Pyong Tong Bo, the iconic and general currency used for nearly 300 years.
- Introduction to the Sang Pyong Tong Bo coins.
- Historical Origin.
- Purpose and Function.
- Predecessors and Successors.
- Use within context.
- Variety Breakdown: Furnaces, Minting Areas, Regional Areas, Discernment.
- Additional Variety Breakdown: Character Analysis and Interpretation. (e.g Thousand Character Classic, Shapes like Crescent, Dot, Line, etc)
- Specific coin remarks on the condition and details on my set of coins.
- Specific information on variety, rarity, and denomination of my series set.
- Other additional or supplemental information, e.g catalogs, websites, scholarly sources, etc.
Historical Origin and Context
Purpose and Function
Preceding and Succeeding Issues
Variety Breakdown: Regional Mints and Casting Furnaces
Additional Variety Breakdown: Character Analysis and Meaning
My Coin Remarks
Rarity, Denomination, Variety